Sunday, March 7, 2010

March 7th

Sunday
After watching everyone snorkeling for a few days and talking about the fish and sharks ( baby ones) swimming around, I decided to have a go myself. I don't like the water, and have trouble putting my head under the shower, let alone putting my head into the sea! But Angie ( my sister) has the same fear, and while away on holiday, she tried snorkeling and then diving!!! Not to be out done by my big sis, I decided to give it a go. Derek coached me and held my hand while I had a few panic attacks, but then I kinda liked it, and we decided to book a snorkeling trip for Tuesday. We head out to 5 different places around the 2 main islands, hopefully we'll see sharks, turtles and an assortment of fish!! At least I'm willing to give it a try!
Never thought I could do this!!

Celebration dinner on the beach, watching the sunset. This is the main restaurant on the beach, with tables stretching down to the water. People on the tables nearest the water, usually end up with water around their ankles! I think the idea is to make it impossible for people to passby this place, so instead they decide to eat here!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go Maureen! I'm also not too comfortable in water, especially in open water ~ like a sea or ocean.

Unknown said...

mom- i never thought id see the day that you would willingly put your head in water! haha i am proud of you!! I hope you had fun!!!